Thursday, May 31, 2012

Colors and AutoCADD


May 31- 2012
Today's thing -  Today I learned a trick in AutoCADD to make only the colors I want print out, and the rest print out in black and white.  Honestly, it's the sort of thing I should have learned 14 years ago when I started working in CADD, but my professor and I had an adversarial relationship and I might not have been listening. I've gotten along without it for 14 years pretty well, so I'm not too worried.

I feel kind of cheated today.  It's my second day of posting and I'm already going to bore all of my readers.

4 comments:

  1. No, no you are not. How do you do that?
    also, I am sure you know about layer delete. I feel the same way about that command. How come no one taught us that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just learned that I don't have to close down the top tabs in order to see the bottom one. I just learned that I can open any of them in any order. How dumb is it that it took me YEARS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that my daughter loves to clean and empty the dishwasher. Her "kindness" had me in tears this morning (tears of happiness that is). Is 4 1/2 to young to start doing chores? I also learned that my son is pretty stubborn for a middle child. Hopefully he'll mellow out or I'm really going to have my hands full with those two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- you click the object, and then when you go to the color drop down menu hit "select color."A dialogue box you've seen a million times comes up, but if you click the tabs at the top it allows you to choose a pantone color or a true color. If you set an object to one of those colors it will print out that color regardless of your plot style.

    Mom- I'm glad you finally picked up a really handy websurfing tip.

    And Tricia- That's the sweetest thing ever. See how well she likes doing laundry! Middle child- Is there something you need to tell me?

    ReplyDelete