Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The blog is back, Dewlap!

Dewlap - noun - loose skin hanging under the neck; especially of a bovine animal.

Today I learned what a dewlap is.  I always thought it was called a wattle.  Wattle is typically reserved for birds.  I'll spare you pictures.

I was reading a book and one of the characters says that another character is unattractive and is never going to catch a husband "especially with that dewlap." so of course I had to look up what a dewlap is.

As for the absence of the blog, there was a bit of a hiccup with wifi while house sitting.  The cleaners threw away the envelope with the wifi password before I had a chance to connect my computer.  I'm sure I could have LEARNED how to figure out what the password was from my boyfriend's computer (which was already connected to it) but I was lazy and decided to take some time off.  If I couldn't do it on the internet from my phone, I didn't.

I got a lot of reading done.  I read a book about sister wives.  I read short ebook about the construction of the statue of liberty.  I read a short ebook about one of the guys on the FBIs most wanted list.  All of which could have provided topics for the blog, but since I didn't learn any of those things today, they don't count!

No comments:

Post a Comment