Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learning 1 - Sarah 0

I think I learned something today, but I forgot it.  Which means it doesn't count.  Which brings me to the reason I started this blog.  I think my memory is going.  I'm too young to have my brain go, so I'm keeping it exercised.  I joined a website called lumosity which lets me do daily puzzles to keep up my brain power.  It tests you in memory, problem solving, flexibility and a few other categories, which I've of course forgotten.  Maybe visiting the website will keep my brain fresh.

I know they say learning a new language helps.  Maybe I'll get rosetta stone for Spanish.

I know they say crossword puzzles help.  I do those occasionally.

If you have any other brain tricks let me know.  I don't like being slow.  I've always been smart and quick.   Losing my brain power would be like losing a part of my personality.

2 comments:

  1. Two possibilities?
    a. Too much (excuse the term) multitasking by your brain?
    b. Side effects from medicines?

    I'm betting on your brain's being SO busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as asking me if I have any brain tricks? No. My memory is getting bad too. I have been feeling the exact same way lately, it's really weird that you posted this. I have thought about Rosetta Stone as well and I thought Hungarian would be cool to learn since my mother was never properly taught. I have also thought about bringing my old Regents testing study guides back to NC next time I am home to test my brain and see what I am lacking in. I guess it's the age you get to, that you realize that you have no idea how you got here in the first place!

    ReplyDelete